UGC NET is the national level exam for those candidates who are eligible for the post of Assistant Professor/JRF junior research fellowship.To become lecturer or researcher students have to qualified this exam.This exam is conducted by the NTA twice a year.
- Conducting Body : National Testing Agency
- Exam Award : Certificate of Assistance
- Mode of Exam : Online
- Medium of Exam : English and Hindi
- Duration : 3 hours
- Exam Question No. : 150
- Total Marks : 300
- Subjects : 81
- Post Graduation or Enrolled for the Masters
- Candidates require 55% Marks in their marks degree for general category/EWS category/ 50% for SC/ST/OBC/PwD/Transgender category.
- PhD degree holders can also apply for UGC NET.
- Women candidates are given an age relaxation of up to five years.
- For Assistant Professor there is no age limit.
- For JRF age should be 30 years or less.
|UGC NET||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|No. of Question||50||100|
|Type Of Question||MCQ Based|
|Marking Scheme||No Negative Marking|
|Duration||3 hours without any Break|
paper 1 –
- Teaching Aptitude: 19 subtopics
- Research Aptitude : 12 subtopics
- Communication: 7 subtopics
- Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude : 7 subtopics
- Logical Reasoning: 18 subtopics
- Data Interpretation : 6 subtopics
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT): 7 subtopics
- People Development and Environment : 20 subtopics
- Higher Education System : 6 subtopics