Civil Service Examination (CSE) is a national examination by the UPS Commission for those candidates who are interested in the civil service of the Govt. Of India including the IAS/IFS/IPS/IRS etc.
Key Highlights of Civil Service Examination
- Exam Name: Civil Service Exam (CSE)
- Exam Level: National Level
- Conducting Body: Union Public Service Commission
- Exam Mode: Offline.
- Age: The age of candidates must have to be 21 years.
- Candidates must have to be an Indian.
- Candidates have a citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan.
- Candidates who qualified from a central state, state, or deemed university.
- Candidates who qualified from distance education.
- Candidates who qualified from an open university.
- Candidates who have to pursue the final year of ICAI/ICSI/iCWAI.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India who is interested in IAS/IPS/IFS.
Number Of Attempts
Civil Service Examination based on categories:
- General Category: 6 Attempts
- OBC category: 9 Attempts
- Sc/St: Unlimited Attempts until 37 years of age.
The Civil Service examination conducted 2 papers: Paper-I and Paper-II.
Paper-I General Studies:
In Paper-I syllabus will be such as: Indian National Movement, Geography, Basic Economics Understandings, Indian Polity.
Paper-II Aptitude Test:
In Paper-II syllabus will be such as: Mathematics, Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Interpersonal skills.